Laying out a 1:12 dollhouse quilt.

After finishing the bed mattress I got started on sewing the quilt that I want to go on the bed. I can’t believe how much time I spent just placing all of the squares until I felt I had proper balance. ^^; Anyway this is the final layout. It looks large right now because I allowed for a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Each square will be about 1 inch after sewn together.

Since laying it out, I already got started sewing it together. So far everything is going OK, but it’s being a lot more labor intensive than I had originally imagined. Also, despite measuring everything countless times and planning before any cutting began, somehow my quilt is winding up just a tad bit too long from the head to the foot of the bed. I think I’ll be able to work out all of the issues though when I sew on the backing, and it should still look cute. I can’t wait to get the bedding all finished, then I’ll have at least two pieces of finished furniture for one of the upstairs bedrooms and I should be able to take a few cute pics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *